3rd Global Business Ethics Case Competition - Boston University (USA), Newcastle University (UK), Fudan University (Shanghai, China) the IIMA (India), St. Gallen University (Switzerland), Tsinghua University (China) and Yonsei University
2018 GLOBAL BUSINESS ETHICS CASE COMPETITION
7 Universities. 5 time zones. 3 continents. Are you up for the challenge?
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to apply the knowledge learned in the classroom to a real life business case look no further than our unique global case competition!
Join a unique collaboration between six universities across three continents and six time zones in our exclusive global business case competition, through our Academic Collaboration Network.
You will work in teams with students from top global institutions Boston University (USA), Newcastle University (UK), Fudan University (Shanghai, China), Tsinghua University (China), the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (India), St. Gallen University (Switzerland) and Yonsei University (South Korea).
How it works
- Virgin Money Group will provide teams with a business case
- Teams will have 2 ½ weeks to work on the case virtually across time zones and continents.
- Teams will produce a 2-3 page executive summary and a 5 minute video, which will be reviewed by the judges
- Also, a 2 page document outlining how the team collaborated across time zones and continents
Why take part
- Challenge yourself, working virtually with your team across time zones- skills you can evidence to future employers
- Boost your CV (resume) and enhance your network
- Apply the theory taught in your degree programme to a real life business scenario
- Find out how global organization Virgin Money Group, operates
- Work with a mentor, who will provide advice and guidance to your team during the competition
- Cash prizes of $2000 for the winning team and $1000 for the runners up!
- Best collaborating team - $500
- Monday 8th October: Application open
- Monday 22nd October: Application deadline
- Tuesday 30th October: Competition launch day and introduction to your teammates
- Wednesday 14th November: Submission deadline
- Friday 16th November: Case competition judging
- Tuesday 20th November: The winners are announced and competition debriefing takes place
Applications are now open! Apply as an individual, or as part of a team of two, by submitting your application form and CV to your competition organizer, prof. Andres Guiral (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 22nd October. See the application form attached.
Please note you will be expected to work on the competition during evenings and weekends